Travel Medical Insurance Gives You Peace of Mind
If You Ever Need Help, CSA's Worldwide 24-Hour Emergency Assistance Services Are Just a Free Phone Call Away.
- (877) 243-4135
- Toll-free in the United States
- (240) 330-1529
- Collect from anywhere else in the world*
- Consult A Doctor™
- Connect instantly with a network of physicians for information, advice, and treatment, including prescription medication, when appropriate. Save time and money and get back to enjoying your vacation.
- No Out-Of-Pocket Medical
- No claims to file! If you get sick or injured while traveling, we can get you in touch with a trusted provider and even handle the payment for acute, one-time treatments of up to $1,000.
Whether you call it travel medical insurance, travel health insurance or medical travel insurance, CSA Travel Protection has you covered. Nearly every traveler's concern when they are away from home, is will I have travel health insurance in case something happens? While some companies offer emergency travel health insurance, without any other coverage, CSA Travel Protection provides you with medical travel insurance, and a whole lot more.
Once you have purchased your CSA Travel Protection policy, CSA's Emergency Assistance Providers can help you with the medical travel insurance in your policy and an array of other services. Our plans also include our 24-Hour Emergency Assistance Services—at no additional cost. These valuable services are available the day after you buy your policy right up to your arrival back home.
Just call CSA's designated assistance provider toll-free at (877) 243-4135 in the United States or collect at (240) 330-1529 from anywhere else in the world* for immediate aid with the following:
EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE SERVICES
- Medical Referral
- Traveling Companion Assistance
- Emergency Cash Transfer
- Legal Referral
- Locating Lost or Stolen Items
- Replacement of Medication and Eyeglasses
- Embassy and Consular Services
- Worldwide Medical Information
- Emergency Message Relay
- Pet Return
- Vehicle Return
Your travel insurance policy documents include the toll-free and collect phone numbers to call, plus a complete Description of our 24-Hour Emergency Assistance Services.
Please see your plan details for more information regarding policy exclusions and benefits.
* You should have available your plan code, your Policy/Reference number, your location, a local telephone number, and details of the situation. The assistance provider will confirm your enrollment and assist you. If you cannot call collect from your location, dial direct and give the assistance coordinator your telephone number and location and they will call you back. To call collect from a foreign country, you may first need to reach a live operator on the line. In some cases, that operator may not understand how to process collect calls to the United States. To be prepared, please visit consumer.att.com for information on how to reach an English-speaking operator. If you were unable to reach CSA collect and paid for your call, we will ask you for a number to phone you back at so you will pay no further charges.